Kate Davis!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



If you're a fan of Billie Holiday, Etta James, Nina Simone or any of the amazing women of the Great Jazz era, watch out for Kate Davis! At only 17 years old this girl can sing a tune that transcends time and brings you back. Her voice is heartbreakingly beautiful and I'm a huge fan of her stand up bass playing as well. I'm really lucky that she plays at Wilf's, which is located in the same building that my office is in, Historic Union Station. I tested out my brand new Canon 40D and I love the results! I'm still a true believer in my full frame Canon 5d though!

You can catch her play with the Ron Steen Band every Wednesday at Wilf's from 7:30pm to 10:30pm. Her parents always record the entire set and pass out a free CD of her music. Her Dad plays in the band sometimes and it's great to see their dynamic! The bar is usually packed (good luck getting a server) and the atmosphere is a perfect blend of vintage lounge and up-scale modern, which compliments Kate perfectly!

You can hear Kate's lovely voice and violin/bass playing at her myspace.

0 comments: